New Google Sheets trigger
5 min. read
We have added a new Google Sheets trigger - Watch for cell change and send the row.
This trigger lets you keep track of all updates in the cells of your sheet. Trigger works on webhooks and sends events immediately when a cell is updated and a row is added.
You’ll need to make additional setup in your spreadsheet to use this trigger, but first, connect your Google Sheets account to Albato.
Connecting Google Sheets to Albato
How to set up spreadsheet
- Open your spreadsheet which you want to use in the integration.
- Go to the Extensions section → Apps Scripts.
- Remove the data from the Editor section and paste a code from this link
- Copy the Albato webhook URL from your Google Sheets connection in the Apps section.
- Paste this webhook into the endpoint variable (line 14).
- Click the Save icon. Pick the “createSpreadsheetOpenTrigger” option and click the Run button.
- Click the Review permissions button.
- Select your account.
- If you receive a warning, open the "Advanced" tab.
- Next, click the “Go to Untitled Project” button.
- Give access to your app by clicking the “Allow” button.
- Now go to the "Triggers" section and make sure you have one trigger saved. If you made mistakes during the setup process, several triggers may be saved. These triggers should be deleted.
The spreadsheet is ready!
You can create your automation scenario with the “Watch for cell change and send the row” trigger.